TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Valid Photo ID and telephone number are required for customer to secure bid number.
2. The auctioneer will be the sole determinant as to who is the successful bidder. The auctioneer reserves the right, under extreme circumstances, to reopen bidding on a sold lot.
3. Once an item is sold, the buyer assumes full risk and responsibility for said items. Gateway Gallery Auction is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
4. Everything is sold "as is" unless announced otherwise.
5. A buyer's premium will be charged.
6. All items purchased today must be paid for today, unless other arrangements are made at the front office.
7. Audio recordings are made of the auctioneer at each auction. Any dispute over bid price, condition or terms given by auctioneer will be settled by reviewing the audio. The auctioneer's word is final.
8. Surveillance cameras are positioned in the lobby and all galleries. Shoplifters will be prosecuted.
9. Unless exempted by law, all purchases are subject to a 6% Pennsylvania state tax (this is also applicable to out-of-state buyers who pick up their purchases in Pennsylvania.) PA law requires that ALL DEALERS must have a current signed PA Department of Revenue Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption on file with us (required annually for in-state; per auction for out-of-state)
10. 13% Buyer's Premium will be charged for in house bidders. 18% Buyer's Premium for bidders utilizing our online bidding platform. Buyer's Premium discounted to 10% for cash or approved check for in-house bidders.
11. All items purchased today must be paid for today, unless other arrangements are made at the front office.
12. Acceptable forms of payment are cash (in house only), approved check, bank wire transfer, MasterCard/Visa/Discover, or personal check if customer is known to Gateway Gallery Auction Inc. We reserve the right to require bank checks for purchases over $5000.00
13. Buyers not known to us who wish to write a check must provide a "letter of guarantee" from an officer of your bank on original stationary to Gateway Gallery Auction. This letter should state an exact amount of funds guaranteed and should be presented to the cashier at the time of registration. Credit arrangements must be made prior to the day of auction so bank statements can be verified. We reserve the right to not issue a buyer's number or to withhold merchandise if appropriate credit has not been verified.
14. All deliveries are subject to "good funds"; funds being received in Auctioneer's account before delivery of the Purchases; and all payments are subject to a clearing period. Auctioneer reserves the right to determine if a check constitutes "good funds". Checks drawn on a US bank are subject to a ten business day hold, and thirty days when drawn on an international bank.
15. All returned checks are subject to a $50.00 service charge.
16. Any accounted not paid in full within 30 days of the sale date will be subject to a 2% monthly finance charge. The purchaser shall be liable for all fees and costs associated with the collection of balance due, including attorney fees.
Absentee Bid Policy
17. If you cannot attend an auction, you may leave an Absentee Bid. All Absentee Bids are bid competitively.
18. Valid credit card information (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) is required to secure your absentee bid.
19. Absentee bids not uniform to the auctioneer raises will be rounded up to the next bid increment.
20. Bids submitted by telephone or email must be received by Noon of the day preceding the auction. We will accept absentee bids in person up to the time of the auction.
21. In the event of identical absentee bids, the earliest received will be recorded as the highest.
22. We are not responsible for lost or unexecuted Absentee Bids.
23. We will notify all successful bidders by phone or email within 2 to 3 business days of the auction.
24. Payment of successful Absentee Bids must be made within 2 business days of notification of winning bids.
Non-Paying Bidder Policy
25. A Non-paying bidder is a person who wins the auction through the bidding process but does not follow through with the transaction. By using our online bidding platform, bidders agree to all terms and conditions of auction.
26. As a bidder, if you have the highest bid and the auctioneer strikes the item down to you - you are obligated to complete the transaction. Bids are not retractable except in exceptional circumstances such as unannounced severe condition problems or clear typographical errors.
27. Bidders who fail to fulfill their obligation to purchase the item(s) they have won through the bidding process will be banned from participating in any future auction. In addition, non-paying bidders will be reported to the online bidding platform; as well as being reported to other auction companies through the National Auctioneer's Association, Pennsylvania Auctioneer's Association and any Auctioneer's association in the state which bidder resides.
28. Any bidder failing to pay for shipping costs due to third party shipper, within two weeks of sale date, surrenders items to Gateway Gallery Auction
29. Refunds will be given at the discretion of the auctioneer. Request for refunds in regards to condition for items purchased in person at the gallery must be made as soon as possible and before those items leave the gallery.
30. Refund requests, on the grounds of authenticity, must be made within 30 days of the auction. Request must be accompanied by at least one supporting statement in writing from an authority recognized by the auctioneer.
31. Absolutely no refunds will be made after 15 days of the auction date.
32. Do not return any item until a refund authorization has been obtained from Gateway Gallery Auction.
33. Unless prior arrangements have been made with Gateway Gallery Auction, any merchandise not removed within two weeks of sale date will be subject to a monthly storage fee; any merchandise not removed within 60 days of the sale date will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of as seen fit by Gateway Gallery Auction.
34. These terms and conditions, as well as the respective rights and obligations hereunder, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The
purchaser shall be deemed to have consented to the jurisdiction of the state courts of, and the federal courts sitting in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.